Thursday, May 19, 2011

Extreme Couponing

I watched this show again last night. I've only watched it a couple of times. Watching it last night, a woman bought over $600 worth of merchandise and spent out of pocket..less than $3! How in the world can that be possible??!! I did notice that the $600 amount came without the use of the store card first. I don't consider that the actual total, I guess. The use of the store card is really the sale price. They would have gotten that price, with or without coupons. So, that isn't "couponing", IMO.

Also, where do they get the coupons that just give them something for FREE. I have gotten buy one get one free coupons before. They show these people getting actual coupons that just give them an item free. Where in the world do I get those??!! I want some!

Maybe I don't have the right mindset for this lol. I also wouldn't buy something to just be buying it at a good deal. I only buy things my family will actually use. I rarely seem to get a great sales price, plus a coupon on more than a few items together. I know that's really the key. Find a great sales price, then use the coupon to bring the price down even farther.

I will probably never get the stockpile going and never probably save thousands of dollars, but I am lowering our grocery bill every month. So, I am happy with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment